40th World Vine and Wine Congress
- Vine & Wine: Science and Economy, Culture and Education
May 29th – June 2nd 2017
It is a pleasure for me to invite you to attend the 40th World Congress of Wine and Vine in Bulgaria that will take place in the capital city of Bulgaria – Sofia, from 29th of May to 2nd of June 2017.
Bulgaria is honored to host the OIV Congress for the second time and we will make every effort to make it an unforgettable and wonderful experience for you. The general theme for scientific programme is: “Vine and Wine: Science and Economy, Culture and Education“. In addition the participants will get to know the taste of Bulgarian wine, our traditions and our beautiful tourist places.
Bulgaria is rich of many natural beauties, cultural and historical landmarks which will make the post-congress activities rememberable.
The greatest experts in the industry will participate in the congress to provide all attendees with a great opportunity to expand their knowledge of the subject.
Bulgaria is waiting for you!
Rumen Porodzanov, Bulgarian Minister of Agriculture and Food
Dear colleagues, dear friends,
It is my pleasure to invite you to the 40th World Congress of Wine and Vine in Bulgaria from 29 May to 2 of June 2017.
Bulgaria, which joined the OIV eighty-four years ago, will host for the second time this unique and worldwide event, which allows representatives of Governments, of research institutes or industries to meet together.
Among the different topics which will be discussed around the general theme: Vine & Wine: Science and Economy, Culture and Education. I would like to emphasize some aspects totally in line with the OIV Strategic Plan and perfectly relevant for the future of our sector:
- Sustainable viticulture;
- Organic production: challenges for the grapes and wine;
- Global markets: impact on education and structure of the sector;
- Social responsibility: role in the development of the regions, preservation of the wine cultural heritage and consumer expectation and education.
I’m convinced that all the selected presentations made during these days will allow to better understand each other thanks to the incredible surrounding offered by Bulgaria in this beautiful area of Sofia.
See you in Bulgaria
Monika Christmann, OIV President
Theme 1: Viticulture
Theme 2: Enology
Theme 3: Economy and Law
Theme 4: Wine and Society
|DE LA FUENTE
|PERES DE SOUSA
Welcome address by Jean-Marie Aurand, Director General of the OIV.
Paper submissions must be uploaded on-line via abstract submission platform of the Congress. Submissions must be received by 20th February 2017.
A. Authors are required to:
- Select the form of presentation. Three types of presentation are possible:
I. Communication orale (15 - 20 minutes).
II. Short communication (5 - 10 minutes).
- Select a theme and a sub-theme under which the abstract should be reviewed by the Joint Reading and Selection Committee. The Joint Reading and Selection Committee reserve the right to change the section and the sub-theme previously chosen by the author.
The Reading and Selection Committee takes the final decision on the adoption or rejection of a proposed abstract. The final type of presentation shall be determined by the Reading and Selection Committee. If the committee does not select a presentation as an "oral presentation", the paper can still be accepted as a short presentation or a poster.
B. Final papers submission
The final version of the accepted papers shall be submitted within the deadline indicated below, using your user account on the abstracts submission platform of the congress: http://www.oiv.int/congres/OIV2017BGR/login
The instructions for presentation and publication of final papers, accepted for inclusion in the Congress proceedings (oral presentation, short presentation or poster) are available here: Guide to authors for paper drafting.
C. Important dates
- Deadline for the submission of proposals for a presentation (abstracts): 20th February 2017
- Information about the decision of the Reading and Selection Committee: from 13th March 2017
- Deadline for the final papers submission: 23th April 2017.